List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] tilde keys in Quanta
From:       "Comunica2 s. coop." <re () comunica2 ! net>
Date:       2008-01-31 0:29:42

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

I simply will treat this as a bug. I will report is as such, because all
other applications work like it should under KDE and without
modifications. Quanta is the only exception. I will try to find a later
version in repository

Bas Roufs wrote:
>> ...Then to my amazement I see that none of the sticky tilde keys work.
>> (*ó* gets written as *'o* as two separate characters). What's this?
>> Quanta not prepared for this? ....
>>
> In my opinion, you should deal with this problem not only within Quanta.
> Keyboard settings work throughout the whole operating system - Kubuntu
> 7.10 or whatever other KDE/ Linux distro. In my case, I work with
> Kubuntu 7.10, Gutsy Gibbon. In the following way I manage to catch more
> than 80% of the accented characters (tilde keys) I often use via a
> simple, efficient key board approach.
I agree and appreciate your explanation, but none did work for me in
Quanta. Meanwhile I tried it on another VMWared distribution and there
it worked OK. So I will try to deinstall / reinstall / upgrade and see
what difference it makes.

René