Re: Status of Quanta and KDE 4 (Eric Laffoon) > > Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 00:31:44 -0800 > From: Eric Laffoon > Subject: Re: [Quanta] Status of Quanta and KDE 4 > To: Quanta users list > > On Monday 21 January 2008 12:17 pm, Mark Ziegler wrote: > > Hello list, > > > > can you please give a small overview about quanta (kwebdev) and its > > progress on the way to kde 4? > These are both large and complex applications, but they > have several developers and we have Andras and not much else. Of course > Andras is as good as any 10 developers some days. ;) > > > Quanta is now in it's 8th year and has one the last 3 LinuxQuestions.org > members' choice awards. It will probably win again next month. > > > And there you are. As it happens Andras has been burned out on months of less > than gratifying struggle porting to KDE4 In short, what I was told was next to impossible he did in next > to no time. I guess 5.5 years full time developing on KDE can make a good > programmer into one who can part the Red Sea before breakfast without > breaking a sweat. > > > We will be doing a fund raiser when we release Kommander shortly. It's > important to note that Andras' situation is changing. Now Romainia is part of > the EU. The economy has changed there, and I have been paying in dollars, > which is losing to Euros at a depressing rate. He also has a child now. He > needs a raise, and I doubt anyone besides me fully comprehends his value and > ability. I refered to last week as the code storm. As fast as I could pull > SVN, build on my dual AMD64 with 2 gigs RAM and test I was seeing another > commit with new functionality I'd been wanting for years. > > I know I recently posted asking for help here and got some, so I'm not going > to make a big deal of it, but if you want to see something really exciting > there is nothing like making sure Andras is well taken care of. He really is > impossible to replace, without having several really skilled guys who work > well together anyway. > > I hope this helps answer your question. > -- > Eric Laffoon - Quanta+ Team Leader > http://quanta.kdewebdev.org > Thank you for the update. I'm a neophyte Quanta/Kommander user, but the quality and value are obvious. I support your inclination to "making sure Andras is well taken care of." Is there something in place for the Q+ community to participate? Carl _______________________________________________ Quanta mailing list Quanta@mail.kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/quanta