List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Toolbar and submenus
From:       Eric Laffoon <sequitur () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-12-08 9:30:49

On Monday 26 November 2007 11:55 pm, Andras Mantia wrote:
> On Tuesday 27 November 2007, Jon Intxaurbe wrote:
> > Hullo.
> >
> > I'm a new user for Quanta Plus.
> >
> > I like Quanta, and specially because it can be customized.
> >
> > I want to do a new toolbar for php and JavaScript.
> > But for that, I would like to insert submenus in the new toolbar.
> > Do you Know, when clicking a button fron toolbar, a vertical submenu
> > (an other box) would be open, and in that box, the buttons for
> > actions, finally.
> >
> > It's possible? Perhaps using the script choice?
>
> Unfortunately this is not possible.
>
> Andras
I asked for this too, and I pay him. ;-)

What you can do is create Kommander selection dialogs to pop up. So you can
have a window come up with a list box, or multiple list boxes that work
together, as well as a lot of other things like communicate with Quanta Via
DCOP or even run scripts in a toolbox dialog.

One of our questions with this was making things contextural. Another thing
you can do at least for PHP is to edit the DTEP to enable edit dialogs to
appear, however I think PHP lends it's self to using Kommander very well. In
fact...

You could get the PHP docs from CVS and use a PHP script to create the look up
structures. Then you could either paste those into the dialog or have it read
them from a file. Kommander has a function browser that allows you to select
a function group and then a function and enter the parameters. I wrote a look
alike dialog for DCOP in Kommander which is on kde-apps.org. If I weren't so
busy I'd build this, but if you want to I can send you sample code to work
from. You can even have Kommander use PHP for scripting if you like.
--
Eric Laffoon - Quanta+ Team Leader
http://quanta.kdewebdev.org