List:       quanta
Subject:    [Quanta] Quanta crashes X
From:       Aleksey V Lazar <lazar () mnsu ! edu>
Date:       2007-11-09 22:50:59

Hello.

I've been struggling with this behaviour for quite some time. Every so
often when I move my cursor onto the virtual desktop that has Quanta the
X server crashes and I am sent to the KDE login screen. This same
behaviour sometimes is triggered when I try to open a file in Quanta
when a Quanta instance is already running.

I have been trying to discover a pattern with this, but so far
unsuccessfully. It does seem like when the crash occurs Quanta is
rendering some part of the user interface, but, again, I have not been
able to reproduce the crash reliably. I am using Gentoo, Quanta version
3.5.7. Any ideas where to look for clues or some quick remedies to try
out would would be appreciated.

Thank you.
Aleksey

--