List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] How to use templates
From:       Eric Laffoon <sequitur () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-11-01 2:06:07

On Monday 29 October 2007 2:23 pm, Sergio J Ruiz wrote:
> Hi folks,
>   I cannot figure out how to use the templates in Quanta Plus. I can
> 'save as template' a file, but how is it to create a new document from a
> template?
>
>  I have used templates in Macromedia, but I think here it's different,
> isn't it?
>
> Thank you in advance,
>
> Sergio

It is very different inasmuch as we do not obfuscate what is happening or
patch shortcomings in HTML. Think of templates as a simplified enhancement
allowing you to save and use them in three spaces, global, user and project
and enabling you to create and use file, link, text snippets and entire
trees. You can even highlight text and drag and drop to a folder. Each folder
gets defined for a type in it's settings and child folders inherit by
default. There are really good docs in the help in Quanta I recommend. Sort
of a means of not having to answer this entirely over and over. ;-)

If you still have questions after the docs ask again by all means.
--
Eric Laffoon - Quanta+ Team Leader
http://quanta.kdewebdev.org