List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] SFTP/SCP access
From:       Andrew Lowe <andrew.lowe () manildra ! com ! au>
Date:       2007-09-24 23:31:04

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 09:02:03 Rob Britton wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I've been using Quanta for a few months now and it's been great, however
> I've recently moved to a new server that only accepts SFTP or SCP. Is it
> possible to use Quanta with these protocols?
>
> Thanks,
> Rob

Yes....
Quanta uses KDE KIO Slaves - there are some for both of these, just type the
url:
sftp://user@server/path/to/files
or
fish://user@server/path/to/files

These should work, depending on protocols you want to use...
Running the command 'kinfocenter' should show you the KInfoCenter, and it will
have a section called protocols, that will list available protocols on your
kde install.
You can find out more about the protocols here, and usage. Quanta, being a kde
application can use any install kio slaves transparently, as if you are
working on local files.
If you missing any kio slaves you want to use, there should be a package in
your distro: kdebase-kio-plugins.

Hope this helps

--
Andrew Lowe