List:       quanta
Subject:    [Quanta] I'm an experienced newbie - uuhhhhh what???
From:       Minuteman <robert.r.lefebvre () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-08-27 16:04:57

Yupp, brand new to Quanta after using HTMLKit for years on a MS box. I've
been around this mountain before, where I was so used to one style of
software that, when I change software I can't see the forest through the
trees. So, can someone help jump start this ordeal? Some of the questions
may sound nitpicky but...

question 1) I am used to having the files of a site viewable in a side
window, vertical, so that I can open any file with one click. The way it is
set now, I File--> open to bring up a window with the files. Granted, when I
close it it is out of the way but.... can I get those files to display all
the time, in a vertical column lets say, on the left?

question 2) where and how can I increase the font size of Quanta's display?
I've looked, and will keep looking, but my eyes hurt already.

question 3) This one is just habit, but HTMLKit had the opens to open the
file itself, or open a duplicate, or open as text etc.  Quanta doesn't seem
to have that luxury so to save a backup just "Save as"?

I guess that's it for now. I did have a problem (on a different Linux flavor
and previous install ) of Quanta giving me an error about not having a ddt.
I do most of my work with php and use the php include() quite a lot, often
just including a text file of code. That cleared itself up some how though.

Thanks