List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] I'm an experienced newbie - uuhhhhh what???
From:       "Erik Heyl" <erik.heyl () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-08-27 22:02:00

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

I've got a question: I know that HTMLTidy is in quanta but unlike htmlkit,
which showed you the output and let you replace your file with the clean
version, Quanta only shows you whats wrong but there's no way to either a.
have it autofix it for you (as well as analysing it or b. cut and paste the
changes...Is there anyway to do that? Dreamweaver has that functionality.
Webuilder will actually diagnose and fix the file for you.  Can Quanta be
setup to do this? If so how? I'm pretty new to it and not sure I'm ready to
write my own config files....Any help would be appreciated.

On 8/27/07, David Aldred <nr@familyaldred.org.uk> wrote:

> On Monday 27 Aug 2007, Minuteman wrote:
>
> > question 1) I am used to having the files of a site viewable in a side
> > window, vertical, so that I can open any file with one click. The way it
> is
> > set now, I File--> open to bring up a window with the files. Granted,
> when
> > I close it it is out of the way but.... can I get those files to display
> > all the time, in a vertical column lets say, on the left?
>
> Err, mine has always looked like that....
>
> Have you a few icons down the left hand side, immediately below the
> toolbar?
> If so, try clicking on one, and a panel showing the file tree, the project
> files, or other options like scripts available will pop out.  On my setup
> it
> stays there unless deliberately closed.
>
> You may need to set up your project and/or add files to it.
>

> > question 2) where and how can I increase the font size of Quanta's
> display?
> > I've looked, and will keep looking, but my eyes hurt already.
>
> You mean the font size in the editor?  Settings -> Configure Editor ->
> Fonts &
> Colours.
>
> AUIU the font size for menus etc is set within KDE - if it's right on
> other
> applications it should be right in Quanta
>
> > question 3) This one is just habit, but HTMLKit had the opens to open
> the
> > file itself, or open a duplicate, or open as text etc.  Quanta doesn't
> seem
> > to have that luxury so to save a backup just "Save as"?
>
> Yes, or rely on Quanta iself saving backups regularly - see Settings->
> Configure Quanta ->Environment.  The backups are saved with a ~ on the end
> of
> the filename (so your backup for index.php will be index.php~).
>
> --
> David Aldred

Want a fool-proof, paint by the numbers way to start generating an income on
the Internet?

Check this out:
http://tinyurl.com/2gavb6