List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] menubar gone
From:       "Greg Rundlett" <greg.rundlett () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-07-21 13:22:03

On 7/21/07, Andras Mantia <amantia@kde.org> wrote:
> On Saturday 21 July 2007, Greg Rundlett wrote:
> > It confused me because a) I didn't know Quanta
> > could do this, and b) I'm not aware of other applications that have
> > this feature, so I didn't think of it.
>
> All KDE applications have this feature (unless they explicitely disable
> it), actually this is provided by the KDE framework, not by Quanta
> itself.

Thanks for that info.  Sure enough, there it is in Konqueror.

> > This is an appeal to Andras since it is not an option that you can
> > manipulate in the 'Settings' - > 'Configure Actions' menu.
>
> It is in Settings->Configure Shortcuts.

Thanks again.  I forgot that you can configure (keyboard) shortcuts
independently of the actions that exist.  Since hiding the menubar is
provided by the KDE framework, it makes sense that the action can not
be manipulated by the user in Configure Actions.  I appreciate that it
*is* available to the user to decide what they want to do with
keyboard shortcuts.