List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] How to alphasort in Quanta+?
From:       Jens Herden <jens () kdewebdev ! org>
Date:       2007-05-06 12:48:40

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

> However, after all this time I still hasn't figured out how to sort
> lines in alphabetical order. Occasionally I need to do that and then I
> copy and paste the lines into gedit, sort it and copy/paste back into
> Quanta+. I have read the manual and tried to dig out some info but could
> not find this tool.
>
> Is it really missing or am I the one missing something :-) ?

AFAIK this feature does not exist in Quanta. It is very easy to do this by
creating a script action. Please procede like this:

1. chosse Settings | Configure Actions
2. hit New Action button
3. change Type: to script
4. type a name into Text:
5. optional type a tooltip
6. write sort under Detailed Settings as the script you want to call
7. choose Selected Text under Input:
8. choose Replace Selection under Output:
9. hit OK

Now you have a new icon in the toolbar which will call the sort command line
tool with the current selection and replaces the current selection with the
output of the call.

Of course you can tweak this further by choosing a different icon, making the
icon apear in another toolbar, assigning a keyboard shortcut to this action
and whatever else.

HTH

Jens