List:       quanta
Subject:    [Quanta] New FTP top folder, username contains @
From:       Sjoerd Westerterp <x22048 () westerterp ! com>
Date:       2007-05-06 10:09:47

Hi all,

First let me introduce myself briefly to the list members:
My online name is Schraalhans Keukenmeester. I've chosen, for personal
reasons, not to divulge my real name everywhere, hope you
understand/respect that choice.

I am a Dutch male, 39 yrs old, retired due to a medical condition: 16
yrs ago I had a heart transplant, and in 1999 I had to give up work in
the ICT business as field manager Systems & Services with a major ICT
Company in Europe.

I have about 3 yrs of linux experience, currently run Fedora (Core 4) on
one box, and Gentoo on my main pc and on my firewall. Got a VM running
WinXP only for Photoshop and online poker.

Been using Quanta mostly for non-commercial PHP development. I think
programming skill-wise I rank as intermediate. On average I 'work' about
 4 to 6 hours a day, creating custom internet solutions for non-paying
customers (at least, no money changes hands)

Joined this list mainly for 3 reasons:

1. I use Quanta a lot. (Version 3.5.5 on KDE 3.5.5)
2. I have an ad hoc issue with and a few questions about Quanta+.
3. I hope to be able to share some of my experience with others if
possible.

The matter at hand:

I have a new host for a customer which uses a non-standard ftp login
construction. The username looks like this:

chosenusername@mydomain.com

It turns out I cannot create a new Top Folder using this login, Quanta
chokes on: ftp://chosenusername@mydomain.com@ftp.myhost.com

Is there a way to make Quanta accept such a username containing @?
(Leaving the full username out to enter it in the auth dialog doesn't
work, the ftp server does not respond without at least the domain name
prepended.)

My other questions:
I like the way Qaunta provides parameter hints when using standard PHP
functions. There are a few functions/methods Quanta doesn't seem to
know, and it's totally unaware of custom functions. Is there a way to
expand the hinting behaviour?

Is there a way to add debugging functionality? Perhaps via plugins? Can
one add custom plugins ? (Haven't seen an add plugin button in the
Configure Plugins menu)

Thanks in advance for your replies!
Kind regards
Schraalhans