List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Cannot get "--unique" command line option to work
From:       Peter Ford <pete () justcroft ! com>
Date:       2007-05-04 8:17:23

Andras Mantia wrote:
> On Thursday 03 May 2007, Peter Ford wrote:
>> I've checked the documentation, and the bug reports, but I find that
>> the bug reports are pretty old (2004?) so presumably refer to older
>> versions. I'd like to make the unique option work so I can open files
>> directly out of KDESVN into the quanta project that the KDESVN part
>> is embedded in...
>
> And what is not working?
>
> Andras

Sorry, I guess you can't see my desktop :)
As far as I can tell, the --unique is being ignored: a new Quanta IDE is opened
whether the option is used or not.
So "quanta --unique file.php" opens a second window with "file.php" AND all of
the files which were opened the last time the environment was saved, but not the
project.
I also get the following messages when I close the new instance of quanta -
maybe they provide a clue:

QObject::disconnect: Unexpected null parameter
QObject::connect: Cannot connect (null)::activePartChanged( KParts::Part * ) to
KHTMLPart::slotActiveFrameChanged( KParts::Part * )
QObject::disconnect: Unexpected null parameter
QObject::connect: Cannot connect (null)::activePartChanged( KParts::Part * ) to
KHTMLPart::slotActiveFrameChanged( KParts::Part * )

If there's any other logs or clues I can dig out, let me know

--
Peter Ford, Developer                 phone: 01580 893333 fax: 01580 893399
Justcroft International Ltd.                              www.justcroft.com