List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Quanta 3.5.5 documentation sidebar query
From:       Andrew Lowe <andrew.lowe () manildra ! com ! au>
Date:       2007-04-20 9:08:18

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Friday 20 April 2007 15:33:03 Andras Mantia wrote:
> On Thursday 19 April 2007, Andrew Lowe wrote:
> > They all work, thanks.
> >
> > The only problem with doing it this way is the old broken
> > documentation is still there with the new... The Hot New Stuff does
> > not override the other stuff. (PHP does, but not the others -
> > possibly because Quanta cannot work out the version of the broken
> > one?).  It is not a big thing...
>
> I'm not sure about this, but try to download as root, maybe it will
> install them to the global dir, not to the local. If you download as
> user, it is normal that it cannot override the old files.
>
> Andras

It probably would... Kubuntu does not really have a 'root' account available
(unless you set the password)...
running sudo quanta installs the packages... but the old indexes are still
there... so I have two copies of HTML and CSS, etc...

I would have thought that Quanta would check for duplicates - and only show
the one in the users home directory (if there are both), however this problem
defiantly seems to be more a Kubuntu packaging problem then anything else, as
installing as root (or sudo) should install in the same place, over-riding
the default, so perhaps Kubuntu have moved the default locations?

It does not really worry me, but I'll mention it on the Kubuntu bug system...

--
Andrew Lowe
    System Administrator & Programmer

Email:   andrew.lowe@manildra.com.au