List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Quanta 3.5.5 documentation sidebar query
From:       Andrew Lowe <andrew.lowe () manildra ! com ! au>
Date:       2007-04-18 22:05:51

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday 19 April 2007 00:50:21 Dave Morriss wrote:
> On 18/04/07, Andras Mantia <amantia@kdewebdev.org> wrote:
> > > I'm using Quanta 3.5.5 on Kubuntu Edgy. When I try and use the
> > > "Documentation" sidebar most of the links point to non-existent files.
> >
> > I can confirm it on edgy and I'm pretty sure this is a broken packaging.
> > :(
> >
> > Yeah, it seems that the dependencies are broken for the package.
> > The quanta-data package in Kubuntu contains only the Quanta specific
> > index file for the documentation, not the documentation itself. You have
> > to manually install the PHP, HTML, DOCBOOK, JavaScript documentation from
> > their packages. You can see the broken links in
> > /usr/share//usr/share/apps/quanta/doc. But even this is not enough in
> > case of PHP, as the link is broken completely broken.
> > /usr/share//usr/share/apps/quanta/doc points to
> > /usr/share/doc/phpdoc/html, but this doesn't exists anymore, as it is in
> > /usr/share/doc/php-doc/html .
>
> I see what you mean. The links point to non-existent subdirectories of
> /usr/share/doc, but the .docrc files (indexes?) exist pointing to the
> missing files. Quite a mess.
>
> > The solutions:
> > 1) quickfix: install manually the documentation files and fix the links.
>
> I grabbed the html.tar.bz2 file as an example. This is referenced on
> the "Welcome" page. It comes with an install script, but this balks at
> the existence of the link. I can overcome this of course, but I assume
> it'll leave me vulnerable to the next update to quanta-data. Still,
> it's the best short-term solution, I guess.
>
> I'll hassle the developers, as you suggest. I wonder if it's bent in
> Feisty; I think it's due out quite soon.
>
> Thanks for the help.

I'd not really noticed this - using svn Quanta lately on Kubuntu...
Feisty (7.04) is out today! (19th), but not just yet :-(
I am running Quanta from Feisty Beta - just checked it is not the svn (just
ran up the machine a couple of weeks back - and not been using Quanta for
much) and the problem seems fixed - the documentation is there.  So you can
report that it is fixed in 7.04.

--
Andrew Lowe
    System Administrator & Programmer