List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Quanta 3.5.5 documentation sidebar query
From:       "Andras Mantia" <amantia () kdewebdev ! org>
Date:       2007-04-18 13:13:17

Hi,

> I'm using Quanta 3.5.5 on Kubuntu Edgy. When I try and use the
> "Documentation" sidebar most of the links point to non-existent files.
> These are all of the general form:
>
>     /usr/share/apps/quanta/doc/html/html/html.html

I can confirm it on edgy and I'm pretty sure this is a broken packaging. :(

Yeah, it seems that the dependencies are broken for the package.
The quanta-data package in Kubuntu contains only the Quanta specific index
file for the documentation, not the documentation itself. You have to
manually install the PHP, HTML, DOCBOOK, JavaScript documentation from
their packages. You can see the broken links in
/usr/share//usr/share/apps/quanta/doc. But even this is not enough in case
of PHP, as the link is broken completely broken.
/usr/share//usr/share/apps/quanta/doc points to
/usr/share/doc/phpdoc/html, but this doesn't exists anymore, as it is in
/usr/share/doc/php-doc/html .

The solutions:
1) quickfix: install manually the documentation files and fix the links.

Andras