List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Templates
From:       Eric Laffoon <sequitur () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-02-17 6:39:33

On Tuesday 13 February 2007 4:53 am, Børge Holen wrote:
> On Monday 12 February 2007 12:24, Kidd, William IC2 (SW) wrote:
> > I have to agree with the dependency issue. I've created 2 sites with DW
> > and now I'm locked into it unless I totally redesign the sites which is
> > currently not an option.
> >
> > I had to smile when you mentioned PHP as I've been leading towards this.
> > I just haven't taken the step yet. Thanks again!
>
> You should... It makes life a lot easier...

Yeah... It's pretty strenuous...
1) rename all container files to end in php (easy shell scripting)
2) save recurring templates to named files
3) use KFileReplace to find the whole text of any template like a footer and
replace it with <?php include("footer.html") ?> or a php extention

Enjoy and learn what else you can do in your spare time.
--
Eric Laffoon - Quanta+ Team Leader
http://quanta.kdewebdev.org