List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Quanta 3.5.5 and number of simultaneous FTP connections
From:       Børge_Holen <borge () arivene ! net>
Date:       2007-01-20 15:12:02

On Saturday 20 January 2007 15:04, truc muche wrote:
> Hello,
>
> And Thank you very much for your rapid answer !
>
> >I don't know any solution. Unfortunately the KDE kioslaves like to open
> >new connections and this often results in the server banning the
> >client. :-(
> >
> :-( This is very VERY annoying. Would it be possible to add it as a feature
>
> in a next soon update of kdeslaves ? Or maybe would it be possible to add
> to Quanta an integrated FTP system which could limit opened connections
> (plugin or something user-configurable) ??

I can see your reason for wanting this feature right now, but I don't think it
is wise to have KDE sub projects develop the wheel multiple times.

BUT yes, the KIOslave's multiple connection type should only be enabled when
doing an actual download from ftp and not while traversing remote systems.

> I think this could be considered as a BUG of kioslave, very annoying.
>
> Am I the only guy doing FTP transfers with this kioslave thinking that ??
>
> :-(
> :
> >If you have ssh access to that machine, you might be able to use fish
> >instead of ftp, and see if you hit a limit or not.
>
> No, I do not have ssh access to this machine...
> But I'll see if I can use another type of connection than FTP...
>
> Thank you very much... I know now that I cannot hope for a happy issue.
> When I'm thinking that I could certainly limit FTP connections with
> windown, this makes me very, very sad... :-(
>
> Trucmuche

---
Børge
Kennel Arivene