List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Quanta 3.5.5 and number of simultaneous FTP connections
From:       "truc muche" <trucmuche2005 () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2007-01-20 14:04:27

Hello,

And Thank you very much for your rapid answer !

>I don't know any solution. Unfortunately the KDE kioslaves like to open
>new connections and this often results in the server banning the
>client. :-(

:-( This is very VERY annoying. Would it be possible to add it as a feature
in a next soon update of kdeslaves ? Or maybe would it be possible to add to
Quanta an integrated FTP system which could limit opened connections (plugin
or something user-configurable) ??

I think this could be considered as a BUG of kioslave, very annoying.

Am I the only guy doing FTP transfers with this kioslave thinking that ??
:-(

>If you have ssh access to that machine, you might be able to use fish
>instead of ftp, and see if you hit a limit or not.

No, I do not have ssh access to this machine...
But I'll see if I can use another type of connection than FTP...

Thank you very much... I know now that I cannot hope for a happy issue.
When I'm thinking that I could certainly limit FTP connections with windown,
this makes me very, very sad... :-(

Trucmuche