List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Unable to load kdewebdev-3.3.5
From:       Eric Laffoon <eric () kdewebdev ! org>
Date:       2006-12-20 18:20:09

On Wednesday 20 December 2006 6:03 am, JoeB wrote:
> Have tried for the better part of a day trying to load the updated
> Quanta. That's all I want.  My older version of Quanta loses  the right
> click menu periodically and crashes for no obvious reason. Hoping update
> will solve these issues.
>
> When running ./configure I get the following message:
>
> "checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.3 and < 4.0) (library
> qt-mt) not found. Please check your installation!"
>
> I have both QT x-11 and QT embedded running.
>
> I am semi-Linux literate, trying to make the switch from Win. I am using
> Linspire 5.0
>
> Thanks,
> Joe B.

Joe,
you have several choices. If you're installing from RPM it must match your
system exactly, so using an RPM from a different release or distro will
likely create serious problems or failure. If you install from source the
configure check doesn't compensate for the insanity of binary distributions.
In other words, to save 100MB or so they split off the header files needed to
compile and don't install them. After all, what user would build from source?
Especially if they give up easily and never find the world beyond their
distro...

Get the -dev RPMs for whatever it says is missing. It's common in the binary
distribution RPMs to assume only a developer needs them, but everybody who
wants bleeding edge and less mainstream apps does.
--
Eric Laffoon
Project Lead - kdewebdev module