List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] File extensions, toolbars and auto-completion
From:       Eric Laffoon <sequitur () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-11-16 0:07:12

On Wednesday 15 November 2006 12:22 pm, Don Harden wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using Quanta 3.5.5 under KDE 3.5.5-0.2
>
> When developing web apps with PHP I often use .inc include files.  When
> I open .inc files in Quanta  the  PHP and HTML toolbars disappear and
> HTML/PHP auto-completion stops working.  How do I activate toolbars and
> auto-completion for .inc files so they are the same as for .php files?
>
> This seems to be something that should be in the documentation but I
> could not find it.
>
> Thanks,.
> Don
You may want to consider using file.inc.php as default Apache configurations
will alow anyone to view a *.inc file unless you use an .htaccess file with
this line in it...
AddType application/x-httpd-php .inc .php

For Quanta you can add the *.inc type so that it is recognized for
autocompletion in Settings->Configure Quanta::Environment. This still leaves
the issue of toolbars, and frankly other than it being disconcerting I don't
know why that matters for this type of file. You could create an *.inc DTEP
but the easy solution is to go to the DTD menu and edit the PHP DTEP or
create another. You're on your own here so look at the docs. You could try
using a comma or semicolon to add a second file extention or inheriting PHP
into another DTEP. Andras may have an easier answer in a few hours, but these
will get you everything.
--
Eric Laffoon - Quanta+ Team Leader
http://quanta.kdewebdev.org