List:       quanta
Subject:    [Quanta] Import of M$-docs and -tables
From:       Cloudbase <cloudbase () globalpoint ! ch>
Date:       2006-10-18 15:48:41

Hi folks

I am a beginner with quanta and webmaster of a site of our soaring club
in Switzerland http://www.sgbiel.ch . I receive a lot of M$-Documents,
specially DOCs and XLS for implementation in this site. I googled a lot,
probably with the wrong keywords :/, but I didn't find real answer for
my questions:
- How can I import tables out of Excel or WORD-docs the easiest way
without the manual correction of all style tags (using CSS)?
- How to import WORD-docs keeping all the <p> and <br>, but also here
without all the style tags? How about changing the German "Umlaute"  äöü
(no idea how they are called in English). There is an option for this,
but it only helps while writing, it don't work with copy/paste.

I hope there is minimum one other poor webmaster out in the M$-desert
who has solved these problems already... ;)

Thanks for all answers!

Klaus