List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Project Preview Confusion
From:       "Jeffrey Sabarese" <core5fedora () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-09-26 0:49:54

> You are using and editing files externally instead of having them on local
> disk. That would be step 2 and 3. You make the project out of files stored on
> a ftp server.

hi. thanks for your reply to my inquiry. i'm afraid i'm not sure what
to do with your info.

to clarify my problem:
every project properties setting i've tried so far, quanta plus will
open a browser (my preferred method of viewing vs the "internal"
preview),  if viewing "remote" files it will pull them up in the
browser-- essentially the same as if you'd type the FTP URL into the
browser address bar-- for example, as
ftp://user@ftp.domain.com/public_html/filename.htm

similarly, if working in a project where i've set the project
parameters to local files, in "preview" Quanta+, instead of reading
the files as served by Fedora's web server, Apache on
http://localhost/~username/mywebname , i get something more like
/home/username/mywebname/filename.php -- (which probably causes the
browser to ask where i want to save the file)

aside from the "project properties" itself, are there other settings
of the IDE which i should verify are set correctly; which might be
mis-configured, causing this behaviour?

i'm convinced that i don't understand the Quanta+ Project / that i've
set something wrong, or i've overlooked something-- because i can use
the same settings in another IDE Project, Bluefish for example, yet I
get the expected behaviour-- the files are shown on http -- so the php
is parsed properly, and i'm able to actually "test" applications as if
in production.

thanks again for your help!