On 9/18/06, Arthur Marsh <arthur.marsh@internode.on.net> wrote:
This might seem trivial, but I was having problems viewing a web site
with Firefox, and "view source" was showing the bulk of the content
appearing as a comment. konqueror (using quanta in its view source
option) had the first two characters of a suspect end of comment marker
"---->" underlined, which lead me to look up w3.org's references on
comments in HTML, and contact both the firefox maintainer and web
administrator of the web site that used "---->".

I find multiple browser testing helps identify these things. I discovered one limitation with comments after reading teh w3 spec -  you cannot nest them.

--
Anthony Ettinger
phone: 408-656-2473