List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] New actions in toolbars
From:       Eric Laffoon <sequitur () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-09-17 19:21:59

On Saturday 16 September 2006 3:15 pm, Børge Holen wrote:
> I frequently make and use my own actions within the toolbars of Quanta...
>
> Is there (and I've missed it) a way to include the marked area BOTH within
> and between a tag.
>
> An example would be a word like "not" in the editor.
> you mark it and make an action that will put "not" between a tag like this:

> What I miss is an option to do this:

> all with one button and action.

As it's possible to set the output of an Action to replace the current
selection it's not to difficult to do such a thing. It's fairly simple shell
programming.

Something I have done is use Kommander dialogs where I do something even more
complex. I'm using the dialog to insert long object method statements, but I
needed editing. So I set it up to do the following...
1) take the current line of text out of the editor using DCOP
2) parse it for the object method
3) fill in the object name on page one and select the page with the method in
use
4) populate the method parameter widgets for editing
5) set the dialog to edit by replacing the given line in the editor instead of
just inserting at the cursor

All of the above was accomplished with Kommander and kdcop for a little
snooping of how the editor parts are named. There really are no limits with
Quanta. If you look at Project Event Actions and Kommander you will realize
that you could build a vastly different tool with no C++ at all.
--
Eric Laffoon - Quanta+ Team Leader
http://quanta.kdewebdev.org