List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] diff/patch over ftp?
From:       Sasha Andric <sasha () goldnet ! ca>
Date:       2006-09-15 19:22:17

On Friday 15 September 2006 14:51, Anthony Ettinger wrote:
> I have a project that requires me to use ftp. Is there a way to see a diff
> between files prior to uploading and downloading them?

If you have kompare installed it should show up as the last item it the Tools
menu. When you click on it it will let you select 2 files.

Click on the first browse button and select one local file to compare.

Then click on the second browse button and now you need to select remote file.
As KDE supports ftp / sftp / fish .... you should be able to browse remote
server and select remote file. I find it easiest to just right click on the
root folder in the "upload tree" , click copy and then just paste  in the URL
bar in the browse dialog. Once it is there, it should let you  browse remote
server and select files to compare.  I notices that with sftp i am not
prompted for password again, but will ftp there is a password popup in this
moment.

So it is doable, but it would be cool if there would be right click option
"put in Kompare dialog" on the local and on the remote files too.

Sasha