List:       quanta
Subject:    [Quanta] possibly dangerous quanta problem?
From:       "chris feldmann" <axlotl.quanta () mailnull ! com>
Date:       2006-09-08 2:42:17

Hi list,
Using version 3.5.3, I edited several files (over fish) on a site and
then, over the next several days, edited them using other means from
other places, vim, textmate, etc. When I reopened the files in quanta,
that is merely opened them, quanta appears to have swapped it's last
backup versions of the files with the files themseves. The site
reverted to the state it was in a week ago.

The files I had opened over fish were the current version, open in the
editor even as I looked at the site in a browser reflecting its state
several days ago. When I tried to "Save As..." one of the files, it
appeared to save itself and then reverted to the older version before
popping up the location dialog.

Now this is just my first explanation of what happened and I don't
have time to recreate it (I have to restore a bunch of backups and
recreate a few hour's work - and quick), but if this is a bug, it's a
very dangerous one. So a heads up until I can confirm, which will be
after the weekend.

Chris