List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Kommander Database Plugin beta test
From:       Eric Laffoon <sequitur () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-09-06 15:38:25

On Tuesday 05 September 2006 10:36 pm, Anthony Ettinger wrote:
> I tried installing it, but didn't get far.
> I started up konqueror as root, and clicked "install.kmdr". That was
> it. just told me to register it and restart.

Yeah, this is going to be a problem. Plugins reside locally in user space. So
assuming your root build went okay and you registered it you would need to be
root to run it. If we wanted it to be root we would have set up a launch with
kdesu and tested for root. Try installing as yourself and I will put in a
test to deny root install.