List:       quanta
Subject:    [Quanta] Kommander Database Plugin beta test
From:       Eric Laffoon <sequitur () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-09-06 4:53:45

Hi all,
I know this is going to be of interest to a lot of people so I'm posting to
this list too. We have developed two plugins for Kommander to create custom
dialogs with, and of course one of the great things you can do with it is
make custom scripted tools for Quanta. We have a database plugin and an
httpform plugin. They can be found here.
http://kommander.kdewebdev.org/files/plugin-database-0.3.tar.bz2 and
http://kommander.kdewebdev.org/files/plugin-httpform-0.1.tar.bz2

The database plugin requires hk_classes which is part of the Knoda database
manager. With apologies to the Kexi folks this has been around and stable for
some time and we started working on this a year ago before Kexi was at
release level. This is a fairly powerful tool, but it does not expose the
Knoda widgets. That would be next.

Currently I'm hunting down a bug on my amd64 system that is causing glibc to
throw errors with hk_classes, but once I can test shortly I will be finishing
a fairly comprehensive database tool for Quanta that will assist you in
creating SQL phrases. I used the httpform plugin to create a textmessage tool
for our Boostmobile phones.

I must ask that if you have questions PLEASE join the Kommander list.
I'm looking for feedback as well as any bugs we missed.

I plan on making releases shortly of
1) Kommander with a real text editor that does highlighting, file numbers,
undo and redo as well as some bug fixes (it's much nicer to edit with!)
2) New Plugins
3) An article on Kommander and a tutorial on developing with it
--
Eric Laffoon - Quanta+ Team Leader
http://quanta.kdewebdev.org