List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Lack of Responsiveness in Quanta Editor
From:       Amedeo <bfm () yourbox ! net>
Date:       2006-09-03 16:18:10

Andras,
I was preparing my not-working quantarc file to send it
over to you, by trimming all the personal-related files
and folder names, when I came across the cause of this
misbehaviour of Quanta.

In [FilesTreeView] section I had:
OpenFolderList1=file:///
OpenFolderList2=file://$HOME/,file://$HOME/,file://$HOME/WebProjs
and changed it to:
OpenFolderList1=file:///
OpenFolderList2=file://$HOME/,file://$HOME/

and Quanta became as speedy as it used to!

Now, I suspect there should be some bugs around in the way Quanta
rewrites the config file.

Scrolling it I also noticed:
- in [General Options] "List of autosaved files" grows indefinitely,
  mine is over 318574 chars long (in one line)!
- in [KFileDialog Settings] "Recent Files" is also long, but it's peanuts
  compared to the previous one, half a page with "less".
- in [Projects] "ProjectSessionTempFiles" lists many times the same file.
  (I've been working recently on one project only, I think every time
  I quit Quanta with the same project open, it add the same .session
  file name here (whereas I would expect it to add only non-existent
  file names).
- all in all a freshly create quantarc file is few kb short, whilst
  mine grew up to over 660k in size!

Cheers,

--
Amedeo