List:       quanta
Subject:    [Quanta] Lack of Responsiveness in Quanta Editor
From:       Robert Tilley <tilleyrw () cfl ! rr ! com>
Date:       2006-09-02 17:27:51

I am using Quanta with Kubuntu "Dapper Drake" on a Dell Dimension 2350, 2.2
GHz, and 512MB RAM.  This behavior occurs when running only a terminal
window, KMail, and Quanta.

Whenever in text edit mode, Quanta "freezes" almost every time I press the
Enter key to go to the next line.  It also pauses if I try to click-n-drag
select text that is above or below the cursor position, or sometimes when I
simply type characters.  These pauses can be up to 6 seconds.  In short, this
incredibly annoying.

Bluefish has been tried, and while quite responsive, the program simply is not
of the caliber of Quanta.

Can anyone suggest ways to understand this?  I can't guess all the parameters
that might affect Quanta in this way.  How could I set up a test case for
duplication and analysis?

Thanks, Bob
--
Tsort's Constant:
	1.67563, or precisely 1,237.98712567 times the difference between