List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Quanta Crashing
From:       Carl Hartung <suselinux () cehartung ! com>
Date:       2006-08-26 20:46:29

On Saturday 26 August 2006 16:34, Jerry wrote:
> I've been experiencing crashes using Quanta, recently. It may be KDE that's
> crashing but it's getting irritating. So far I have not lost anything other
> then the specific thing I've been changing or adding to an xhtml file.
> When I go for a debug report it says "no debug symbols found." Any idea
> what's going on and how to fix it?

Hi Jerry,

It'd help a lot if you would include your architecture, distribution and KDE
version when you post. It makes understanding possible causes easier to
narrow down. FWIW, I had the exact same problem on SUSE 9.3 (or 10.0?)
running the 'stock' KDE 3.5.1. Quanta crashed frequently. I was advised to
download the then-current svn snapshot and compile it, which I did, and the
problem went away. I later upgraded all of KDE to 3.5.2 level 'a', which
overwrote the self-compiled version, and the problem remained fixed.

regards,

Carl