List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Is Quanta the right tool for me?
From:       Børge_Holen <borge () arivene ! net>
Date:       2006-07-19 15:33:32

On Wednesday 19 July 2006 13:41, Thibaut Cousin wrote:
> Le mercredi 19 juillet 2006 13:19, Børge Holen a écrit :
>
>   First, thank you for your answer.
>
> > Clean text or simple <a href solutions... I guess it doesn't matter.
> > Larger project with heavy development; forget the database for other than
> > storage data.
>
>   I'm not sure I understand... Are you saying that it's a bad idea a use a
> database to store the content of the pages?
Depends on the project. the two methods I use is:

1: All is stored in different files on my site. index.php someotherpage.php so
forth. I use this for heavy sites, containg a lot of pages within and all is
to be changed more or less all the time.

2: One page like index.php, picking out what you need from the database.
This I use for more like blogs and easy sites with very little program
development since the site is finished and much content change/add, whereas I
use textareas to add/change the text.

> I thought, on the contrary, it
> was a very clean way to organize a site: having a few HTML templates, and
> fill them with PHP and MySQL queries.
example 2.

>   My worry is that I'd use Quanta once or twice to generate my templates,
> and then I'd be without a good development tool. Well, I guess it's not so
> important if the templates are well designed...
Quanta wont dissapear.  The looks of the site is defined within the index.php.
Queries is done to the database to change the content.
Contents is rarely changed dependent of the looks, witch is changed after a
fashion of taste and understanding.
Say, take a look at http://chili.arivene.net.     controlled by one index.php