List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Is Quanta the right tool for me?
From:       Onno Timmerman <onno () filosofie ! be>
Date:       2006-07-19 15:46:58

Thibaut Cousin schreef:
> Le mercredi 19 juillet 2006 14:06, Nico Meijer a écrit :
>> Unless you have *really* pressing issues to do this: don't do that. IOW:
>> what problem are you trying to solve?
>
>   I was only investigating the possibility of keeping Quanta as a tool, since
> I like it and KDE applications in general.

I don't see why you would not be able to use Quanta... It has all thing.
I'm professional developer and use Quanta all day long for all my
websites. So don't worry, you don't need anything special to programme
just a text editor will do or something more nice as Quanta!

>> Save time, money and hair and get yourself a (few) good php book(s) if you
>> are coming from a 'plain html' background. I'm currently reading
>> "Advanced PHP Programming" by Schlossnagle, BTW. I also like Sitepoint
>> books.
>
>   I probably explained it the wrong way, because you seem to believe that I'm
> doing something a bit exotic. Which I'm not.
>   I *have* read books, and talked to professionals who did sites that I find
> good, following strict XHTML/CSS2 standards. The design I'm trying to achieve
> is one very common, for which I found several good sites, books and
> tutorials. What's so strange about that?
>   All I did was a template index.php. There are PHP calls to the database
> inside, to fill the page with useful content. Each page has an URL like
> index.php?id_page=12.
>
>   Anyway, the question is not about design - I'm following a well tested,
> common PHP/MySQL design, and it'd have been inappropriate to post design
> questions on Quanta's mailing list.
>   My question was about tools, about Quanta itself. Since Quanta has no MySQL
> support, I guess I won't be able to use it. Or, following Andra's advice, I
> should develop them myself, but that's another story...
>   Regards,

Onno Timmerman

Code-on
only code, no design