List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Is Quanta the right tool for me?
From:       Andras Mantia <amantia () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-07-19 11:40:39

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wednesday 19 July 2006 13:55, Thibaut Cousin wrote:
> In his new scenario, is Quanta still the good tool for me? The
> problem is, all HTML/PHP code I type must not be saved to a file, but
> to the database. Can Quanta help me with that?

So you mean that your database acts like a file system? Strange thing,
if you ask me. ;-) If there is any bridge to access the database from
the web (like via ssh, http, webdav, etc.) you can use Quanta just as
before by using the KDE kioslaves.
 If there is no such possibility, you may try to write some scripts
yourself and use the project event actions. Saving would be the most
easier thing: you save a file, the "file saved" action is executed,
which puts the content of the saved file into the database.
 There isn't a "before document open" event right now, only "after
document open", but you could still update the file you opened after it
was opened and request a reload (also from the script).
 You could do a complete update of your files form the database when you
open the project and a complete save of the files when you close it.
 Of course the above has two requirements:
- a local copy of the files from the database
- a way to map the database content to files
- a script/executable that you write (can be C++/PHP code as well,
doesn't matter) which can do the getting/putting the data from/to the
database.

If you need help, ask here. If you succeed and want to share the tools
with us, we are happy to put them somewhere to download.

Andras