List:       quanta
Subject:    [Quanta] File database for caching php 4.3 output
From:       "Mark A. Taff" <marktaff () comcast ! net>
Date:       2006-07-05 8:02:45

Anyone have any suggestions for a single-file-based database for caching
string output from php 4.3?  My site is getting a bit much for my el-cheapo
webhost. ;-)

All I need is a single two column table, ID, DATA.  SQL-92 compliance would be
nice, though not needed as this is so simple.  I plan to cache script results
on first "empty recordset" query result. I'd like to be able to just delete
the database file to force the cache to be rebuilt on the next page request.

Of course, mysql is always an option, but I'd prefer the simplicity of the
file-based database.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Regards,

Mark

P.S. Of course more elegant solutions are always welcomed...