List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] different web site root
From:       Nico Meijer <lists () familiemeijer ! org>
Date:       2006-07-03 17:26:42

Hi Xavier,

> Thanks, but how can I setup the project to do that ?

My project doesn't 'know' anything. It's just a bunch of folders. I'm not
quite sure I'm catching your point here.

> I want only the files in the web root to be uploaded on the server, not
> the whole project. Templates, .prj file, etc. should stay on my hard
> drive.

Why? (no pun intended, just an honest question)

I never upload projects in the sense that I upload the webroot only. In
the case of my lib-folder: I obviously need that aswell on my webserver.

I rsync the entire project folder with my live webserver from my
development server.

With Quanta being utterly unstable under OpenBSD 3.9, I've switched from
developing with an SSH tunnel with X-forwarding on the dev server to
upgrading up my workstation to OpenBSD-current where Quanta 3.5.3 runs
quite well. Still, I don't use Quanta's upload functionality, so perhaps
someone in the know could answer this one.

Bye... Nico