List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta]
From:       Andras Mantia <amantia () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-05-31 10:07:01

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wednesday 31 May 2006 13:01, Onno Timmerman wrote:
> Jens Herden schreef:
> > On Wednesday 31 May 2006 16:00, Onno Timmerman wrote:
> >> I used to hit CTRL+space to get a &#160; but this isn't anymore
> >> the case. What is now the key combination?
> >
> > In my version ctrl+space is assigned to the 'complete text' action.
> > I think this was the case since a long time.
> > &#160; is a non breaking space AFAIK. So you have the option to
> > remove the shortcut from the 'complete text' action and assign it
> > to the 'non breaking space' action in the standard toolbar. You
> > would get a &nbsp; though.
> >
> > Maybe this is an issue with a keyboard driver? Did you change you
> > keyboard selection recently?
> >
> > Jens
>
> No, I installed Ubuntu dapper, but it was also on the latest version
> I upgraded Quanta... Before it wasn't like that. Other signs do work.
As I know CTRL+SPACE was always used for autocompletion. &nbsp; (if this
is what &#160; means) can be inserted with ALT+SPACE. It might be that
your keyboard was configured so that CTRL+SPACE inserted a char that
cannot be encoded in the document's encoding and Quanta translated it
to &#160; But this is your local configuration, be it yourself who
configured or the distribution defaults.

Andras