List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Quanta
From:       Andrew Lowe <andrew.lowe () manildra ! com ! au>
Date:       2006-05-16 0:37:37

On Monday 15 May 2006 12:01, David The Parker wrote:
>     *   I am "very" new to Quanta. I have yet to learn basic HTML.
Probably best to do a google for "html tutorial"... there are some good online
tutorials.. I do not know of any Quanta basic html tutorials.

w3schools have a tutorial here:
http://www.w3schools.com/html/
but there are probably others and they should be independent of the software
you use.

>     *  I also am yet to successfully install a Linux system.
Make sure you are running a "Desktop" Linux distribution as they tend to be
much easier to install from a beginners perspective. I run Kubuntu, however
other on the list run Debian, SUSE, Fedora Core.... so these are probably
worth looking into.  I know Kubuntu have KDE 3.5.2 - including Quanta (you
need to put in a new repository), and am pretty sure SUSE does too... so it
would be best to try a distro that has the latest version - or else you may
find the old bugs effect you.

>     * While I am yet in the developmental process, one question; is
>       there, or are there any good tutorials on Quanta?
Have a look at the Quanta Docs on the website:
http://quanta.kdewebdev.org/

>     * Another question is, is it it possible to install Quanta on
>       Windows at all, and if so how?
No... Quanta will only run with KDE, so is not available for Microsoft
Windows. (It will run under other Desktop environments such as Gnome, but
does need KDE Libs installed)

>     * If I have posted the wrong kind of question on this mailing list;
>       please correct me, and I will abide accordingly.

This list is really for Quanta specific questions, so general linux/html
questions are not really for this list, however if you want to contact me
off-list, I would be happy to help

--
Andrew Lowe
    System Administrator & Programmer