List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Prompt on exit
From:       Matthias Wieser <developer () hiasl ! net>
Date:       2006-05-10 17:52:00

Hi everybody!
Jens Herden wrote:
> It is more annoying to have a dialog each time I _want_ to close Quanta! This
> really breaks you workflow for normal usage.

The feature request is to make it an option to make quanta ask, if it
should quit or not.
It was not asked to make it neither a default nor a must. The comments
by Jens and Werner discussed their need of the default to be not asking
anything.

I guess the first mails were intended to discuss the possibility to have
the feature, not the defaults of that feature.

I second the opinion of the others, that it makes sense for some to get
that question. Not every one hits the keys on purpose and it should be
possible to catch that error if the user thinks it is useful.

Thus making a key stroke ask if it is intended would be the useful thing
to do to solve the issues raised. (the user may himself configure the
keystrokes that he thinks are critical for such a question)

Jens would configure none of them to be critical because he knows he
will not press wrong buttons/key short cuts and on the other hand others
will configure the actions like they want.

Is it possible to solve the problem like mentioned above?

Ciao, Matthias