List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] backup
From:       Sasha Andric <sasha () goldnet ! ca>
Date:       2006-05-03 23:47:49

On Wednesday 03 May 2006 04:41, Onno Timmerman wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there a easy way to delete al the backup files when a project is
> finished. Like index.php~
> Because there is always a danger that one of the files gets uploaded,
> that is a security risk!

my $0.02 on this topic.

In the project settings in the "exclude from project" textbox you could add
something like this:

*.hkc;*~;*.session;*.webprj;*_notes/*;*Thumbs.db;

That will ignore those files and you will not get in danger of uploading them.

Another thing I do is adding this lines to the .htaccess in the web root of
any project:

<Files ~ "^.*(~|\.session|\.webprj)$">
        Deny from all
</Files>

That will prevent those files from being served on testing server.

Sasha