List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Summer of Code 2006
From:       Bèr_Kessels <ber () webschuur ! com>
Date:       2006-04-26 8:08:09

Op dinsdag 18 april 2006 18:59, schreef Andras Mantia:> Hi,>>  Google organizes the \
summer of code this year as well and KDE is> invited to join it. If you have ideas \
about what we could suggest for> Quanta, please post here.>> Andras

I have added a bullet to the wiki : PHP IDE. Ive tried to summarize my ideas, but \
would like to post here, that it came from me, in case people want to discuss it, or \
need more information. Unfortunately my C++ skills are fubar, so I cannot step up as \
mentor in this.  In a nutshell, the idea is to allow, Quanta to transform into a full \
blown PHP/Python/RubyonRails etc IDE. This would be achieved via some profile, or \
even a howto, together with some new plugins/toolbars etc. Finding out how exactly to \
tackle this, wold be part of the assignment. :) Why? You can edit PHP now \
already?Sure! but it is a web editor, HTML editor, that can ALSO do PHP (or other \
embedded scripting langs) editing. If you develop ruby on rails, or Drupal, or \
Joomla, one is not interested in all that HTML toolstuff. You might sometimes need to \
embed some HTML into your code, but that is about all HTML you will ever touch.  \