List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Konsole output after starting Quanta from the 3.5 SVN
From:       "Samir M. Nassar" <quanta () steamedpenguin ! com>
Date:       2006-03-17 15:33:29

On Friday 17 March 2006 09:03, Andras Mantia wrote:

> You got this even before, I think you just did not notice it. You can
> anytime disable them with kdebugdialog.

Ah OK.

> > At least Quanta from SVN crashes less, but it still crashes. And
> > frequently enough. If the crashes aren't from the KWrite parts then
> > where are the crashes?
>
> Well, they can be from Quanta, but first we have to see when it crashes
> and what is the backtrace. Until then it's a wild guess.
>
> > This is with editing mixed HTML and PHP. I am trying to clean the
> > files up (not original author) but I am hampered by Quanta at this
> > stage. At this stage I am restarting quanta about once every 10
> > minutes if not more.
>
> That's bad, please try to reproduce the problem and give me a backtrace
> (hopefully you use --enable-debug=full).

Rerunning ./configure now. And make install

> > Quanta start output
> >

> > Quanta: dtds::readTagDir from
> > /usr/kde/3.5/share/apps/quanta/dtep/cffunct/ canceled, DTD CFFUNCT
> > found in memory
>
> [...] doesn't matter, it means that you have double installation (two
> KDEDIR directories with Quanta files).

Yes, I have Quanta 3.5.1 installed through Gentoo.

> > Quanta: Invalid area: 75,17,98,0
> > Quanta: Rebuild: 2 ms; baseNode=0x914b140
> > Quanta: NN before delete = 250
> > ASSERT: "tag" in node.cpp (58)
> > KCrash: Application 'quanta' crashing...
>
> Ok, this is bad and a Quanta bug. Backtrace and a way to reproduce is
> urgently needed.

I'll run backtraces with the next crash. Reproducing is hard. Since I might
have one file in the background or I might have 10. Sometimes it crashes
right before I hit Ctrl+S.

Usually however it'll crash right when I am reindenting some PHP. Scenario: I
am working on a fork of WordPress, the source files are very, very messy.
Just trying to clean brackets and indenting code to make it legible seems to
trigger crashes.

Samir M. Nassar