List:       quanta
Subject:    [Quanta] What is the best way to report Crash/Hang problems?
From:       Paul Lemmons <paul () lemmons ! name>
Date:       2006-03-16 17:05:06

I have been using Quanta for a while and it is perfect for what I do. I
do simple php programming; nothing fancy at all. Quanta used to be very
stable but sometime recently that has changed. It has been several
months since the last time I used it and now I am spending as much time
restarting and re-editing my files as I am spending being productive.

When things go bad it either hangs or crashes. I would say the ratio is
probably 50/50. Once I lost responsiveness of the whole system and had
to do an ungraceful reboot.

The tasks I am performing when it crashes/hangs are varied. I have not
been able to isolate any particular thing that, if I were to stop doing,
would cause Quanta to become stable.

I really want Quanta to be stable. As I said, it is absolutely perfect
for what I do. To that end I really want to be as helpful as possible in
finding solutions. What is the best way I can do that?

Vitals:

$ quanta --version
Qt: 3.3.4
KDE: 3.5.1-0.1.fc4 Red Hat
Quanta: 3.5.1
$ uname -a
Linux localhost.localdomain 2.6.15-1.1833_FC4 #1 Wed Mar 1 23:41:37 EST
2006 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

-Paul