List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Window title
From:       Sasha Andric <sasha () goldnet ! ca>
Date:       2006-03-14 18:38:35

On Tuesday 14 March 2006 14:22, Andras Mantia wrote:
> My problem with this is:
> - you can have a non-project file opened while you work on a project

True, but you still have a project opened, so window title would reflect this
fact  regadless or which file is opened or if any file is opened.

> - the title will be too long and you may end up with only the project
> name in the taskbar

Right now with single instance of quanta opened only thing I see in taskbar is
(file://home/ethx/work/)
The name is truncated because of the long file name.

Because KDE default is to group windows in the taskbar with multiple instances
of Quanta I get

Quanta [4]

clicking on that shows the menu:

( file://home/ethx/work/project1/file1.html] - Quanta )
( file://home/ethx/work/project2/file1.html] - Quanta )
( file://home/ethx/work/project3/file1.html] - Quanta )
( file://Untitled1] - Quanta )

And I think it would be better to see

( project1 : file://home/ethx/work/project1/file1.html] - Quanta )
( project2 : file://home/ethx/work/project2/file1.html] - Quanta )
( project3 : file://Untitled1] - Quanta )
( file://Untitled1] - Quanta )

This way it is easy to see which Quanta instance is the one I am looking for.
If the project name would appear in the title bar too if would decrease
chances of me editing wrong index.php file.

I am kinda supprised that there is no more people on ths list having an
opinion on this one

Regards
Sasha