List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Testing required
From:       Carl Hartung <suselinux () cehartung ! com>
Date:       2006-03-06 12:26:15

On Monday 06 March 2006 02:09, Andras Mantia wrote:
> > ./configure, make and make install worked great. I tried to follow
> > along behind that with checkinstall to keep the rpm database
> > consistent.
>
> You don't have to, as make install will not touch the RPM database and
> will not install anything else what you already had.

None of the file names changed? That's surprising (to me, anyway.) Quanta+ is
now reporting itself as "post-3.5.1" under Help>About.

> And of course, you run make install as root, didn't you?

Sure did. As I said before, the installation went great. Between your help and
the READMEs, it was almost painless. The program is definitely funning
faster, too.

Thanks for the help... I'll report any bugs if I find 'em! ;-)

Carl