List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Testing required
From:       Carl Hartung <suselinux () cehartung ! com>
Date:       2006-03-05 6:27:33

On Saturday 04 March 2006 17:24, Andras Mantia wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  As Quanta from 3.5 branch got some big fixes during the last days (and
> probably this trend will continue), I would like to request everyone
> who is not afraid of compiling from source, to download the latest
> snapshot from ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/unstable/snapshots/ or better
> check out the svn version according to
> http://quanta.kdewebdev.org/faq.php#svn_version. (Use
> svn co svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/branches/KDE/3.5/kdewebdev .)
>
> The revision you get must be later than 515803 and Quanta should
> identify itself as 3.5.2.

Hi Andras, Hi All.

I'm running a 'stock' SUSE 9.3 installation with KDE upgraded to 3.5.1 level
"a". I've got this project underway in ~/kdewebdev/ and have some questions:

First, I'd appreciate it if one of you could please tell me what
flags/parameters are needed when I run ./configure so I can avoid hosing my
system. It's an AMD K7 that seems generally happiest when I use i586 and i686
'flavor' rpms.

Is it necessary for me to uninstall my current version(s) of Quanta+ and/or
kdewebdev?

Also, the revision I've downloaded is 515863 (in case that matters.)

Thanks & regards,

Carl