List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Settings/ConfigureActions
From:       Andras Mantia <amantia () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-02-21 16:54:31

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 21 February 2006 11:46, rwh wrote:
> hi andras-
>
> On Monday 20 February 2006 19:15, Andras Mantia wrote:
> > That is strange as it works for me. You mean that none of the
> > buttons work (also from standard Quanta toolbars)?
>
> Q+ version: kdewebdev-511410.tar.bz2 - clean install.

That should be OK.

> this is very strange behavior:)
Yes, it is.

> here is what happens when i use the "standard" toolbar.
> i did not test any of the other entries in the std. toolbar. i can if
> you wish.

> Note: ST=Smart Tags
> Method: select text eg "bold" apply property tag.
You mean to modify the Bold action to show the tag dialog ("Run "Edit
tag" dialog if available" is checked)?

> try with ST=on and
> with ST=off also try, ST=on & ST=off,  with no text selected.
>
> Results:

First of all, while I was trying your test cases I already found a crash
bug. The reason: ST is also VPL related thing, I never used it and
never tried it. Sincerely, I hate more and more what is in the VPL
code. Anyway, the crash is avoided now.

> <STRONG id="word selected ST=off">bold</STRONG> - activates Tag
> Properties dialog
> <STRONG id="word selected ST=on">bold</STRONG> - activates Tag
> Properties dialog
> <STRONG id="no word selected" ST=on></STRONG> - activates Tag
> Properties dialog
> <STRONG id="no word selected ST=off"></STRONG> - activates Tag
> Properties dialog

This is all right and works as expected here.

> <em>italic</em> - ST=off
> italic - ST=on
> <em></em> - no word selected ST=off
> <em></em> - no word selected ST=on
>
> <u>underline</u> ST=off
> underline - ST=on
> <u></u> - no word selected ST=off
> <u></u> - no word selected ST=on

This one works as well, isn't it?
> ST=off
> test line-1<br> (break inserted at end of ...line-1)
> test line-2<br>
> test line-3<br>

This is again ok.

> ST=on
> test line-1 (inserted at end of ...line-1)
>  test line-2 (inserted at end of ...line-2)
>      test line-3
>
> test (break inserted between words)<br>
>      line-1
>      test line<br>
>     -2
> test line-3
>
> ST=on (notice how the </body> tag has been shifted and appended to
> test line-3, originally it was on the line that follows "test
> line-3") test line-1
>      test line-2
> test line-3</body>

So the problem you are describing is that </body> is moved to the wrong
position? Well, this is the smallest problem with ST=on. Try it with
XHTML, it inserts completely bogus tags and can break anything. I think
I will remove this feature for 3.5.2. It is just too broken.

Andras