List:       quanta
Subject:    [Quanta] character encoding problem
From:       "Naoki Peter" <knockey () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-02-20 22:16:01

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi

Since I switched to Kubuntu 5.10 (x86) a few months ago, I've been using
Quanta Plus as my standard web development editor. Though I like the progra=
very much, there's one thing that's a little arduous: It opens all my
ISO-8859-1-files in UTF-8, so for each file I open I have to adjust the
encoding. Choosing the standard character encoding to be ISO-8859-1 in the
Quanta Settings didn't help, either.
Meanwhile I suppose that this is rather a KDE-specific problem as the same
thing happens with kate, too, whereas it doesn't happen with vim and nano.
Unfortunately I couldn't get any help on the Kubuntu Forums.

Does anybody know how I can solve this problem?

Many thanks in advance!
Naoki