Am Sonntag, 19. Februar 2006 04:48 schrieb James Ellis: > Hi Daniel > > A separate question to the conditional comment problem - shouldn't the > VPL just give a guide to what is occurring rather than a matching a > browser? People browse the web with the browsers you mention, rather > than the VPL? > > Isn't it easier and more accurate to hit save in quanta then press > refresh in the browser or am I missing something ? > > Cheers > James Hi James You are right. This is how I do it, because there are many differences between a real browser and something like MSIE anyway and I don't expect Quanta to be a browser or even imitate all the errors in MS products. So I *have* to test it in browsers and MSIE, of course. The problem - meanwhile solved by Andras in record time - was, that the VPL window was just completely empty and the structure tree showed only part of the page. But that's history now :-) Anyway I am an absolute beginner in using Quanta. I first have to get used to it and find out, where Quanta can help me do my job more effective. I'll have to read all the manuals etc. before I really can say something meaningful about it. I even don't know where to start with understanding the advantages... Untill now I go the ineffective way by writing the source code with kwrite and just use some functions of Quanta from time to time. I guess this will change with time. I'm on a Linux system since approx. 2 month only... regards Daniel -- Daniel Bauer photographer Basel Switzerland professional photography: http://www.daniel-bauer.com special interest site: http://www.bauer-nudes.com _______________________________________________ Quanta mailing list Quanta@mail.kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/quanta