List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] problems with Javascript (opening files and executing)
From:       Daniel Bauer <linux () daniel-bauer ! com>
Date:       2005-12-31 17:04:36

> Ok, I also have SUSE and checked it. I don't have those other warnings,> but \
> indeed, the javascript mimetype is wrong (in all KDE versions...).> Add> \
> [Property::X-KDE-text]> Type=bool> Value=true>> at the end of x-javascript.desktop> \
> in /opt/kde3/share/mimelnk/application> and re-run kbuildsycoca, just in case.
I've done this. I run kbuildsycoca as root (after su -l root in my console) then \
exited root and run it once more as normal user, because I didn't know, as who it \
should be run... Now I can cklick on a .js-file in Quanta and it opens in the editor. \
So this works, thank you, Andras. But executing the javascript within the preview \
still does not work. I still get the message An error occurred while loading \
javascript:show('12','425','302'):Could not start process Unable to create io-slave: \
klauncher said: Unknown protocol 'javascript'.  (I also tried as root, which is in \
english...) One thing might be interesting:the script changes the display mode of a \
div to make it visible. When I run Quanta as root and then click on the \
javascript-link on the page in the preview *for the first time after opening Quanta*, \
then the div gets visible for a very short time, just a flash, then disappears and \
the above message appears. So it looks to me as if the javascript would actually run, \
but then get stopped for some reason...? I reproduced this behavior several times as \
root. As user I couldn't see the div flashing up. So maybe its different here... kind \
regards Daniel_______________________________________________Quanta mailing \